Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Well, we got a new toy today, an extend able.... bucket? Right now the exact name alludes me, I can only think of cherry picker, but anyway, it's a bucket on the end of a boom, kinda nifty, very useful, and extremely cool! I had a pretty good time running roofing boards and shingles up all day, as well as taking a massive number of pictures (160+ yeah, pretty outstanding huh, well that should be enough for the photo album!).

Oh yeah, we also got some work done on the addition... and we knocked apart mom's old garden, but that's another story. Overall was a pretty decent day, for starting so late in the morning. Decent, soft intermittent breeze throughout most of the day, and for the first time in a while, it was warm, but not a scorching, searing and otherwise eye-clawing kind of heat, just, a perfect working day. We were able to get all the roof tiles down, and the shingles on top, so now we just need to build the two end walls, lay down some... other stuff, then the shingles and we'll be golden!

As for the garden incident that... er, somehow slipped out... well, yeah... it kinda got destroyed when my brother went on a limb culling spree and dropped more than a few branches, limbs, and leafy counterparts onto mom's older flower garden. The veteran picket fe
nce, soiled from years of dauntless service, couldn't hold the strain any longer, and fell in many places as the rebellious tree sprouts fell among them. Well, the garden needed to be replaced anyway! And, if it didn't, well, it sure does now!

As always, it's been a fairly good day, the lift we rented was a MASSIVE help! Really made the day go a lot smoother. It also provided me with a bird's eye view of our establishmen
t, I'd love to add more pictures of the surrounding locale, captured through my cell phone's camera lens (yeah, I know a phone camera is a bit cheesy, but hey, it works!) but I've got relatively limited space in my blog posts, so I'll add a picture or two (or maybe 3...) to the side, should be pretty good...



2 comments:

  1. Well, Sly, I wish I was in MI so that I could hear daily updates from you in person- but then again I might not be as inclined to read your delightful blog! You have a unique and cheerful writing style which is remarkably well developed for the relatively little formal instruction you've had in the subject... your creative thinking is quite evident here. I'm impressed! (And I'd like a new update so I am (sincerely) flattering you ;-).)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hmm. I haven't checked this blog in, well... yeah. Its been awhile. Okay! Updates then. Yes, hmm. Updates... (starts thinking)

    ReplyDelete