Monday, May 30, 2011




May 30th, Memorial Day, the day we look back and honor everyone who gave their lives to make this great country what it is today. A day of solumn remembrance for everyone who has helped build this country into a great pillar of freedom, shining as a bright example for the whole world to see, one nation under God. I personally would like to extend a truly heartfelt appreciation and my sincerist gratitude and thanks for everyone in the armed forces, their sacrifice has made this free country just that, free. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ok, in other news, Memorial Day also marks one of the busiest days of the year, for us anyway. Since it's a national holiday, everyone has a day off from their usual routine and grudgingly boring day jobs, so instead the whole clan (well, at least everyone still in Michigan) gathered around for a day of fun and games under a shining sun, and soft breeze.

... Yeah, okay... I wish, I really do. Instead, we got to start work at 8 A.M. (yes, that means getting up and around even earlier than a lazy bum like me am used to). As for the shining sun? Yeah, it was shining alright... humidity was so high that sweat was litterally rolling off of me in buckets, and I wasn't even doing anything especially hard! Soft breeze? Well, despite the ground shaking (yes, really, ground shaking) thunderstorm followed by a tidal wave that swept across our little villa last night, there was hardly any breeze at all... just the heat that caused the sweat and sawdust to build up under your sunglass lens, which, if left unchecked, would slowly, panfully, chockingly burn then blind your already slitted eyes.

Needless to say we had a blast! A really humdinger of a party, and we made alot of progress on the addition. Now as I sit here, writing this latest entry, I can only look back at the past day, a slight grin stealing over my steely emotion void face as a few beads of perspiration form on my brow. Ahh, it's been a rough day for all of us, but the best part is at the days end, and the feeling of contentment at a full day, and a job well done. For now...

(Part 2 of "Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?" will commence tomorrow as we most likely will get another day draped in the sweltering furnace as we start to assemble the roof pieces.)

No comments:

Post a Comment